- Responsible for assisting with the overall management of Opry Food and Beverage Operations; including all staffing functions (scheduling staff, assisting with hiring, discipline, evaluations), proper cash handling procedures, set up and closing of cash registers, and ensuring proper food handling and sanitation practices are followed and handling any customer issues and complaints.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory records are maintained and that products are requisitioned in a timely manner to ensure product is on-hand for all events.
- Serves as a member of the Operations leadership team, modeling company values and service basics.
- Serves in the role of other operations leaders as necessary to ensure management coverage including acting as the on-site manager on duty for events.
- Assists with the management of the overall Opry Food and Beverage operations, including all staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, discipline, evaluations, etc) of the part-time and on-call Food and Beverage Operational staff. Assist manager with updating correspondence for staff, keeping employee records up to date and for preparation for and presentation of pre-shift meetings.
- Responsible for preparation and communication of staff schedules based on review of attendance projections and ticket sales, and implements that schedule on a daily basis, ensuring all required positions are filled at all times during a show or event (based on actual attendance and house make-up) while also making sure appropriate staff breaks are taken and staff hours are properly controlled as budgeted.
- Responsible for placing orders for purchase of food and beverage items and other products required for use in concessions and bars. Also responsible for checking in and receiving shipments ensuring that required documents are properly completed and turned in to cost control. Performs cash-out procedures balancing tills and sales for other employees, ensuring proper cash-handling processes are followed.
- Responsible for proper time-keeping of staff hours, ensuring hours worked are reported accurately and for compiling labor reports, comparing actual to budget and to plan, based on the forecasted attendance, etc. Responsible for timely reporting of labor hours for events, when those hours must be properly billed to the client.
- Responsible for hands-on training of employees including their involvement in company orientation as well as training to the specific SST, which includes in addition to general information, specific cash handling procedures, proper time-keeping procedures, guest service and proper food handling and sanitation practices. Responsible for evaluation of staff to ensure expectations are being met – and for follow-up training as necessary.
- Responsible for placing orders for purchase for food and beverage items and other products required by their respective departments. Also responsible for checking in and receiving shipments ensuring that required documents are properly completed and turn into cost control Performs in the role of any Operations supervisor position, including serving as the on-site manager on duty for post-show and special events, as well as the supervisor on duty for Opry shows and large events..
- Responds to guests issues and complaints, taking appropriate action as necessary to respond to “guest in distress” situations or to “make it right” when problems have arisen. Assumes responsibility for the safety of the guests and facility, responding to extreme weather conditions or other emergency, including handling quick evacuation from the building (quickly moving guests to at least 300 feet from the facility) should an emergency arise requiring evacuation.
- Ensures that all supplies and equipment are on-hand and assigned as necessary for each event. This includes preparing tills and setting up registers, ensuring radios are charged and assigned to appropriate staff, as well as general supplies (pens, pencils, register tape, claim checks, etc) are provided to the staff that require them.
- Must be competent in utilizing the Ryman Hospitality ticketing system; routinely running reports of sales activity, anticipated groups and bus arrivals, specific package attendance, etc. and then responding to ensure the appropriate staff level is planned to provide flawless service, including the special services packages may entail, etc.
- Serves as a leader on the Operations team, filling the role of other leader positions as necessary to ensure proper management coverage, and as such much be familiar with all aspects of the operation, specifically with guest services and tours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate, college preferred.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
- Minimum one year experience in customer service required. Excellent public speaking skills required. Good oral and listening communication skills required. General computer knowledge/skills required.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.