- Duties associated with this position include responsibilities for overall appearance of the grounds and exterior of buildings including exterior cleaning of buildings, fixtures and sidewalks including trash removal at the Grand Ole Opry House, and surrounding areas.
- Assists with training of other employees and in the absence of the supervisor provide supervision and direction of other employees.
- Additional duties include providing assistance with horticulture duties associated with grounds maintenance for the Ryman Auditorium and WSM Radio Facilities that may include mowing, planting, watering, irrigation repair and snow removal, Christmas décor installation and removal and other duties as required.
- Hourly rate of $13 - $15.50 based on experience with excellent benefits.
- Responsible for the grounds maintenance duties associated with installation, care and removal of seasonal color, shrubs, perennials and trees. A general knowledge on plant care requirements for different species of plants is needed including watering and nutrient requirements as well as proper growing conditions for the particular species of plant. Basic knowledge of types of fertilizers and the proper application and storage of fertilizers is required. Proper pruning techniques based on species and bloom time of plant is required. Use of professional pruning equipment including chainsaw, pole pruners and gasoline trimmers is required. These duties also require knowledge in proper planting techniques for different species of plants.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance duties associated with installation of plants, mulching, irrigation repair, pruning, fall leaf removal and turf grass care including proper mowing techniques and use of commercial mowing, commercial core aerators, and commercial string trimmers equipment. Must have a general knowledge of fertilizers used for promoting turf grass health and vigor as well as proper turf grass care knowledge including water, nutrient, disease identification and turf grass identification. Must have a basic knowledge of irrigation heads and repair of PVC irrigation lines up to 2” in size.
- Responsible for the safe operation of company vehicles and equipment on a daily basis reporting any needed repairs or accidents promptly. Equipment includes small trucks, front end loaders, farm tractor, utility vehicles and fork-lifts.
- Responsible for providing a safe working environment for self and others by adhering to safe working practices associated with chemical labels and equipment use. Must follow all required safety procedures utilizing personal protection equipment as required by chemical labels, specific equipment and the assigned task.
- Responsible for reporting maintenance issues to supervisor in a timely manner. Maintenance issues include damaged planters, sidewalk damage, vandalism such as stickers or graffiti on trash cans or other company properties, vehicle repair needs, equipment repair needs, etc.
- Assists with daily exterior cleaning of grounds including landscape planters, sidewalks, trash receptacles and signage located in the Opry plaza area.
- Responsible with cleaning gutters and exterior light fixtures including glass cleaning, cobweb removal, removal, cleaning and replacement of light fixtures panes and pressure washing as required. These duties require the safe utilization of ladders, personnel lifts, high pressure washers and other associated equipment and chemicals required to perform these duties. Responsible for safe operation of equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and removal of exterior and interior Christmas décor including lights, garland and bows as well as special Christmas displays.
- Responsible for providing a safe environment during winter weather for guests and employees by performing snow/ice removal duties using commercial equipment and ice melting compounds as required for the Grand Ole Opry House and WSM Radio General Offices.
- Responsible for interaction with guests who visit our properties by providing basic information about our company as well as general information on the Nashville area as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year experience in the landscape maintenance industry. Ability to operate landscape equipment.
- Valid Tennessee Drivers License required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed