- To provide direct leadership to the Tour Guides and Opry Ambassadors.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Grand Ole Opry engaging guests visiting the Opry as well as potential guests when working off-site.
- Also conducts Opry House tours, fulfilling all functions of the tour guide position while serving as Lead for the shift. Also responsible for serving as a member of the operations staff for shows and events – especially when tours are not offered.
- In this role, responsibilities include proper cash handling, guest services and working both lead and front-line positions as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Responsible for creating memorable engagement opportunities with Opry guests during arrival, seating, intermission, tours and departure phases of the visit. Responds to guest questions regarding Opry Entertainment facilities or other complex businesses with information provided; avoiding sharing personal opinions or other undocumented information.
- Presents a high-energy, entertaining script while escorting guests through the facility. Actively engage the guests throughout the tour while communicating approved information regarding the facility and the company’s entertainment history.
- Assists with the supervision of the Opry tour operation, including assisting with ensuring scripted tour information is properly presented and tour length is monitored to ensure all guests are presented accurate information in an entertaining manner and that tour capacity is maximized. Ensures guides actively engage the guests throughout the tour while communicating approved information regarding the facility and the company’s entertainment history.
- Responsible for hands-on training of new employees, including any follow up training. Will follow structured timeline of orientation and training for all new Tour Guides and Ambassadors.
- Responds to guests issues and complaints, taking appropriate action as necessary to respond to “guest in distress” situations or to “make it right” when problems have arisen. Assumes responsibility for the safety of the guests and facility, responding to extreme weather conditions or other emergency, including handling quick evacuation from the building (quickly moving guests to at least 300 feet from the facility) should an emergency arise requiring evacuation.
- Maintain general order and cleanliness of both front of house and back areas.
- Maintain records of guest surveys and customer feedback and conducts pre-shift meetings with the tour team; assisting the tour guide supervisor in updating the materials and information for the staff.
- Works in lead and front-line positions throughout Operations as dictated by the business.
- Responsible for inventory of tour supplies (lanyards, laminates, marketing surveys, clipboards, etc)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Public speaking skills.
- Good oral and listening communication skills.
- Minimum one year experience in customer service preferred.
- General computer knowledge/skills required.