Join the growing team at the heart of Music City – Nashville , TN
Rooted in the unparalleled country music history of the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Entertainment produces multi-platform entertainment experiences through its growing portfolio of entertainment venues and restaurants - including the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, the iconic Ryman Auditorium, 650 AM-WSM, and our newest brand in partnership with Blake Shelton, Ole Red. Our long-standing presence in the music industry allows us to partner with country music artists at all stages in their career to bring entertainment to country music lovers around the world. Through concerts, tours, restaurants, retail, publishing, digital content, and more, Opry Entertainment Group connects millions of music fans to the artists they love through experiences they’ll never forget.
The Senior Director of Research, Strategy and Planning will manage market research, provide navigation, marketing strategy and planning support for all OEG business channels, and to the marketing team. This individual will partner closely with company and venue leadership as well as marketing activation teams to develop and implement strategies to grow revenue, increase audience acquisition and engagement, attain new revenue streams, increase attendance/traffic and expand brand impact. This role directly impacts the growth and profitability of OEG operations through the execution of research, planning, market specific programs, local marketing, promotions and evaluation.
• Define market and individual channel opportunities through research and insights. Partner with operational and channel leadership to define and establish key performance indicators.
• Translate insights, opportunities and business objectives into strategies and actionable, integrated marketing plans across all disciplines including budget/spend definition, audience acquisition, interactive, experiential, advertising, promotions, partnerships, and publicity.
• Design comprehensive, strategic, high quality marketing plans that result in achievement of both short and long term goals.
• Create dynamic, omni-channel marketing initiatives that drive engagement, data capture, revenue, and lifetime relationship value with OEG including for Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Ole Red as well as for retail/e-commerce, artist relations, event sales, and sponsor initiatives. Consider and actively plan for cross-brand opportunities and intersections.
• Guide all strategies and marketing plans from budgets to communications, process and work flow, to on-time deliverables and evaluation.
• Evaluate marketing initiatives to determine profitability and success rate, then make recommendations and adjustments to improve performance or shifts in direction.
• Grow/fully leverage our customer database and vibrant social community to accelerate current and future business results across OEG brands.
• Serve as liaison and manager with industry vendors and business partners as needed (Nielsen, Comscore, research companies, agencies, etc.)
• Work with venue leadership to create and evaluate new products including, but not limited to proprietary programming (examples: new concert series, promoted & produced events, event productions, exclusive content development, customer membership programs/clubs, etc.). Seek and create new promotional and/or partnership opportunities for OEG brands.
• Effectively lead a team of personnel performing research, strategy, planning and project management consistent with the leadership and cultural goals of the Company.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, related discipline or equivalent experience required
• MBA with concentration in Marketing or Communications preferred
• Minimum 7 years marketing experience in consumer marketing, promotional planning, customer data and acquisition required
• Background and experience with designing and implementing primary market research, and utilizing 3rd party research and customer data and analytics to design strategy required
• Minimum 3 years of leadership and management experience required
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong digital marketing acumen required Creative thinker with an innovative mindset and strong ability to connect data with strategy
• Ability to effectively convey thoughts and ideas
• Demonstrated excellence in planning and project management
• Proven ability to build, develop and motivate a cohesive team
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills
• Continuous learner driven to succeed and achieve significant results
• This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.