Join the growing team at the heart of Music City – Nashville , TN
Rooted in the unparalleled country music history of the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Entertainment produces multi-platform entertainment experiences through its growing portfolio of entertainment venues and restaurants - including the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, the iconic Ryman Auditorium, 650 AM-WSM, and our newest brand in partnership with Blake Shelton, Ole Red. Our long-standing presence in the music industry allows us to partner with country music artists at all stages in their career to bring entertainment to country music lovers around the world. Through concerts, tours, restaurants, retail, publishing, digital content, and more, Opry Entertainment Group connects millions of music fans to the artists they love through experiences they’ll never forget.
The Art Director, Brand Definition & Experience and Marketing Services is directly responsible for setting and delivering brand definition, creative tone/style of the company’s visual marketing and communication, helping define the brand experience for OEG brands and channels. Brands include the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, WSM, and Ole Red, and channels include retail and merchandising, e-commerce, artist relations and programming, and sales. It also includes responsibility for brand experience execution remotely or by extension, including festivals or other events representing our Company’s brands. This role ensures that brand standards are documented and upheld through all marketing executions and that the brand experience for customers when engaging, buying or interacting with us is competitive and excellent. This role assists with defining and designing creative elements and physical installations within each of our existing and future restaurant and retail locations. Key performance indicators include customer growth, engagement and satisfaction, brand quality scores, and revenue targets attainment.
The Art Director is also charged with direct oversight and management of the graphic/digital design team, executing on creative strategy of marketing collateral and materials supporting all advertising and promotional efforts for OEG brands and brand channels (see above) while achieving the objectives of specific programs and initiatives. Responsibilities of this team include shared service design and production of all assets, including for digital marketing, mobile/web sites, digital and traditional advertising, point-of-sale, signage, content, collateral, presentations and other marketing, sales or promotional materials that reflect the brands while achieving the objectives of specific programs and initiatives. Responsibilities also include coordination with copywriting, assets management and production in video/audio/photography through internal and/or external partners; web/mobile sites development. Key performance indicators include brand quality scores, customer growth, engagement and satisfaction, turnaround time, competitive or lower service costs, revenue and audience targets’ attainment, and quality in supported capabilities (skills, experiences, etc.).
This role works directly with other marketing leaders and personnel (Research/Strategy/Planning, Audience Acquisition and Management) to understand market and audience opportunities, tactical vision and needs, and collaboration on a variety of marketing strategies. It also works directly with key operating partners in other units and departments of OEG.
• Work with all Opry Entertainment departments to assess creative needs and develop long- and short-term plans to fulfill those needs. This will require close contact with leaders and representatives of the various departments through one-on-one and group meetings. Negotiation and proactive communications will be critical to this position being viewed as the creative leader in the organization responsible for the design direction.
• Ensure creative brand standards are met and consistency is maintained within all departments (Marketing, Sales, Retail, Ticketing, Customer Service, and Operations) as well as by marketing partners, sponsors, and others.
• Having the total view of creative needs for the organization, plan, organize and prioritize projects and appropriately apportion the work to fulfill on expectations and meet deadlines. Track and manage time against all projects and report market cost comparisons and value demonstration that can be shared with management and team members. Strive continuously to improve productivity while upholding excellent quality.
• Create concepts, ads, logos, online design needs and collateral reflecting documented brand guidelines, styles, voice, and positioning. Develop high-quality, award-worthy work by staying up-to-date on design trends as well as different styles of design to execute design projects. Maintain skill currency in computer and software required to complete assignments.
• Develop effective relationships with vendors including editors, freelance designers and printers, to yield favorable pricing and prioritization of our needs. Secure production bids, review proofs and place orders for applicable projects.
• As an integral part of the marketing management team, contribute to the effective and strategic planning (annual, monthly, weekly) required to achieve business goals. This includes goal-setting, strategy evaluation, campaign direction, and budgeting among others.
• Attend design conferences to stay current on design trends and tools, and to network with creative agencies or freelance artists that could benefit OEG as opportune or appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or BFA with emphasis in graphic design or a related field
• At least 5 years proven graphic design experience at an agency, in-house team or related and minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Creativity and versatility in designing – 1) ability to produce effective, persuasive sales and marketing designs for digital and print media, and 2) ability to produce professional concepts, page layouts with apt integration of copy, photography and illustrations, as necessary
• Superior creativity and superior design skills
• Ability to organize information into marketing-related positioning and campaign themes and visuals
• Advanced knowledge of digital design and differences in platform needs
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• Passion for creativity, art, design and fine attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills an absolute must
• Excellence in leadership, upholding the leadership principles of the Company
• Ability to work highly collaboratively and as part of a team
• Advanced knowledge and proven experience with Creative Suite, iWorks or Microsoft. Familiarity with HTML, Flash, Final Cut Pro, After Effects a plus.
• Ability to supervise graphic design interns, freelance artists, and agency staffers responsible for brand marketing projects
• This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.