The Graphic / Digital Designer is an integral member of the Marketing team, developing digital and print advertising, website and email images, logos, collateral, presentations, and other marketing, sales, and promotional materials that reflect the Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Ole Red, WSM, and other Opry Entertainment brands and channel communications while achieving the objectives of specific programs and initiatives. The graphic designer is responsible for helping to ensure graphic brand standards are met and upheld across all marketing disciplines and contributing to work generated by brand marketing partners, sponsors, other internal departments, and others.
• Create concepts, ads, logos, digital designs and collateral to reflect strategic branding in look, tone and feel. Develop effective, well-crafted work by staying up-to-date on design and communication trends, as well as best-practices in file and software use and storage.
• Work in partnership with the Marketing and Sales teams and project stakeholders across the organization, to efficiently assess and solve design challenges. Included in this is determining appropriate material specifications from web/mobile sites, publications, printers, etc., to ensure files are built correctly and delivered in a timely manner. Traffic all materials.
• Create and execute our weekly schedule of marketing and communications initiatives including digital imagery, printed programs, weekly flyers, marquees, live audience reads, presentations, posters, banners, signage and other collateral. Meeting deadlines is essential.
• Maintain intercompany and marketing partnership communication platforms across signs, social media and more -including Opry assets, Ryman Auditorium marquee, Southwest Airlines gate, etc.
• Represent our team well through collaborative relationships with vendors, including editors, freelance designers and printers, while ensuring favorable pricing and prioritization of our needs. Secure production bids, review proofs and place orders for applicable projects.
• Support the greater Marketing and Design teams with enthusiasm, creative insight and investment in long-term marketing plans and efforts as well as on-site promotions, shows and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
•Degree with emphasis in graphic design or a related field
• At least 4 years proven graphic design experience at an agency, in-house team or related client experience - including pre-press, web optimization and file maintenance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Creativity and versatility in designing solutions to marketing challenges – 1) ability to produce effective, persuasive sales and marketing designs for digital and print media, and 2) ability to produce professional concepts, page layouts with apt integration of copy, photography and illustrations, as necessary
• Superior skill in the production of work from well-crafted design to tidy file structures and efficiency in managing files across vendor portals
• Ability to organize information and elements across branding and campaign elements for consistency and quality
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• Excellent digital design knowledge including for various and differing needs by platform
• Enthusiasm for creativity, art, design mixed with fine attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills an absolute must
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
• Advanced knowledge and proven experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects a plus.
• Ability to supervise graphic design interns, freelance artists, and agency staffers responsible for brand marketing projects as needed
• This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.