The WSM Marketing and Promotion Manager’s role is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing marketing and promotional tactics to grow the WSM audience and business to achieve targeted results. This individual will be an active growth driver, working closely with both content and programming leadership and the OEG corporate marketing team. This role has a direct impact on WSM audience growth and profitability.
1. Define and execute annual, quarterly and campaign level marketing plans and on-air/online tactics that meet WSM programming objectives, support exceeding sales revenue targets, and achieve audience and customer database growth goals. Includes:
• Target audience identification
• Competitive evaluation and/or other considerations (prior year tactics and results; new or direct competition; seasonal factors, etc.)
• Budget/spend parameters based on goals
• Positioning, key messaging, features and benefits, call to action information
• Brand intersections, cross-brand opportunities
• Creative, promotional tactics, events, partners, or PR needs
• Timelines, calendars
• Clear objectives with performance indicators to achieve
• Any other details needed to optimize for success
2. Work closely and align strategies with Opry marketing leadership, ongoing. Ensure integration and cross-brand marketing efforts between WSM, Circle, Ryman Auditorium, and/or Ole Red, as appropriate or opportune.
3. Manage all aspects of the station’s website, social media sites, digital marketing, print media outlets. This includes design, copy and CMS implementation.
4. Understand and track key indicators including web/mobile traffic, streaming/podcast audience volumes, third party channel audience engagement and growth (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, etc.), WSM sales performance, paid media results and ROI, data capture. Set clear objectives to be achieved, and monitor performance for adjustments needed. Monitor customer experience and response.
5. Communicate marketing plans and tactics with WSM team members, partners and stakeholders to garner support for, and alignment on, marketing strategies. Communicate results with business leaders and partners.
6. Support programming and content efforts with booking, negotiating contracts for station concert and events, on-air appearances, and/or interviews.
7. Work with OEG Marketing data analysts for audience insights, and paid media channel experts for support and deployment of paid digital campaigns as needed.
8. Support sales as needed including through presentations support, promotional policies, programs and initiatives.
9. Supervise a small workforce consisting of one direct report and contracted (street team) representatives during events as needed.
10. Participate actively in WSM team meetings, results reviews, planning sessions, new content/products ideation.
11. Seek and execute new promotional opportunities.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, related discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years consumer marketing, media and promotions, marketing strategy required
• Music/Entertainment/Media marketing experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing plans and campaigns
• Experience utilizing research and/or customer data analytics to inform strategy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• In depth understanding of digital marketing techniques including social media and content marketing required
• Understanding of public relations a plus
• Creative thinker with an innovative mindset
• Energetic business driver
• Sound strategic judgment
• Ability to connect data with strategy
• Ability to effectively convey thoughts and ideas
• Excellence in planning
• Demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects at once
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Continuous learner driven to succeed and achieve significant results
• This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.