Meet, greet and seat all guests with a positive, friendly, helpful attitude and is a general source of information to all guests entering the venue.
1. Greets all guests promptly and courteously in a professional manner.
2. Controls the flow of guests coming into the restaurant and those who are waiting for a table.
3. Directs guests to appropriate location to wait when on a wait.
4. Estimates and quotes accurate wait times for tables.
5. Shows guests to tables, places menu on table for guest, waits for guest to be seated before leaving the table.
6. Thanks each guest for visiting the restaurant and invites him/her to return in a friendly and sincere manner.
7. Communicates to door host, kitchen and Manager on Duty the wait time, parties of eight (8) or more, and any planned special event; any and all information is necessary to ensure proper flow.
8. Keeps host area clean and organized throughout the shift (shift mechanics), maintains running duties.
9. Adheres to standard operating procedures.
10. Attends pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to start of each shift.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of restaurant operations, seating procedures, guest relations, problem solving
• Skill in diplomacy, handling multiple tasks, verbal skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to seat guests in a high-volume restaurant at a pace that maximizes efficiency of service and performance of overall operations